Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Launch Post

You have arrived at  Rue des Pensées. I have been toying with this idea about creating my own blog for too long now, but really had no ideas about what I wanted to do with one. Then recently as I struggled through another rewrite I wished that I could just grab my jacket and go somewhere (not too far) and sit with my fellow writers and lament, celebrate and commiserate about our work. Then I began to wonder what it would have been like for me if I had lived in Paris in the days of Hemingway and other prominent writers. I guess after watching Woody Allen's, "Midnight in Paris," I longed for that camaraderie and wished for a cafe of my own where I could meet up with like-minded friends to share a steamy pot of green tea, a bold black espresso or a frothy latte. Maybe even a glass of wine! So as a homage to the Parisian cafe of yesterday, and to all of those writers from that era who have enriched our lives with their work, come visit, share your thoughts about how your writing life is going or information about writers that can inspire us all. Welcome to the Rue des Pensées! Now, excuse me while I have my coffee....oh by the way, how is your writing going?

5 comments:

  1. Great idea, Janis! I am honoured to be your very first customer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it! Yay you! It's beautiful, Janis. Here's to many visits, and much enjoyment. *clink*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great idea and what a great job you did. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Girl! You Go!

    ReplyDelete